Leak Stopping Tape (HOLDENBOND)
Leak Stopping Tape is a self-fusing silicon tape for emergencies and all-purpose repairs. It can be applied on a wide range of surfaces, has many uses including the repair of leaking pipes and hoses, protection of electrical connections, cables, hand tool handles and much more.
Leak Stopping Tape is resistant to UV, fuel, water, oils, acids, and wide range of solvents. The tape creates a permanent air-tight and water-tight seal immediately after application. It ensures anti-corrosive and electrical protection. It is very easy to remove and leaves no sticky residue on the elements it covered.
- Can be used for all types of pipes, even most plastic types
- Activated when mixed with water
- Does not produce any heat during curing
- Comes with SDS, tech sheet, gloves and application tools
- No need to consider base material
- No need to mix with activator to start curing
- No sparks
- No distortion of the base material
- Accessories available
- Clean the repair surface from dirt, oil etc. before the application.
- Attach the beginning of tape close to damage area and start wrapping around (with tension).
- Keep stretching the tape, and continue installation with 50% overlap. It will fuse to itself after overlapping.
- Finish the wrapping over the problem area and once finished press the end firmly into place.
- For high pressure leaks, additional wrapping may be required. Most hose repairs can be repaired with 3-5 layers in thickness, and wrapping 3 to 5 inches in each direction away from the leak point; however, additional strength can be added simply by wrapping more layers of the tape.
- For electrical wiring, it is not necessary to stretch tightly. In fact, it will be more resilient to abrasion when it is not stretched as tightly.